My friends and I swear by Carmex! Other lip balms may come and go, but a tub of Carmex has to be there in our bags. This is the BEST lip balm I have ever used (and, this coming from an addict!). I’m not that fond of tubs because my hands tend to get dirty and I hate putting dirty fingers into the tub. So on my last trip to the US, I picked up the Carmex click sticks. There are different varieties like Strawberry and Cherry but I picked up the Original.
The texture of the balm is quite thick but not waxy. It doesn’t feel like some of those lip balms that just tend to sit on your lips. It’s not too sticky either. When you apply it, you might feel a cooling sensation and that’s my favourite part! It just feels very nice and cool on your lips. At least for me, no matter how chapped my lips are, Carmex always soothes and heals them. I like to put a layer on my lips just before going to bed and when I wake up, my lips are really soft.
Cost: $4.99 for a pack of 3
1. Heals the worst of chapped lips.
2. Contains sunscreen – SPF 15
3. Stick is better than the tub, in my opinion.
4. Lasts really long. Sometimes, after meals, I don’t have to reapply. I can still feel it on my lips.
1. Not available in India. A close second which is available here is Blistex.